The Following IMPORTANT Items Pertain to the AquBike Events:1. There will be no race number pick up on race day. You must pick up your race number and materials the day before the race at Windsor High School, in Windsor. (No one else will be allowed to pick up your race packet - NO exceptions!)
2. Bring a photo ID to packet pick up. You will not be given your race packet without one!3. Pre-race meetings are mandatory. You MUST attend one of the meetings in order to pick up your race packet. Valuable information regarding the event will be presented at these meetings and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the event.
4. There is no required bike check for the Vineman Events. If you need assistance with your bike while you are in Santa Rosa please call NorCal Bike Sport - (707) 573-0112.
5. The Vineman events have two transition areas that are 17 miles apart. We encourage you to drop-off your run gear at Windsor High School immediately after picking up your race packet. You WILL NOT be able to drop your bike the day before the race. You need to bring it with you on race morning.
6. Each transition area will have both men's and women's change tents available.7. Start with your assigned wave and rack your bike in your assigned rack. If you fail to do either of these you will be penalized or disqualified. You are NOT allowed to start in any swim wave other than your own - no exceptions!
8. Wetsuits will be allowed if the water temperature is below 78 degrees Fahrenheit, in accordance with USAT rules. The water temperature is expected to be between 72 and 76 degrees.
9. Bodymarking will take place inside the transition area. On race morning proceed directly into transition and rack your bike before being bodymarked.
10. The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a police officer of a race official. For the safety of you, the athlete, we ask that spectators not drive the course while the race is in progress.11. Your swim gear will be transported to the finish line. To avoid losing any of your belongings, place your equipment (including your wetsuit) in the numbered plastic bag given to you at registration and securely close the bag. Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike, you are welcome to do so.
12. Do not park on the race course or in private parking lots or your car may be towed. Parking lots specifically designated for the Vineman will be provided at both the start and finish areas of the event.
13. Please help our volunteers keep the countryside clean and the residents of the area happy by discarding rubbish (gel packets, water bottles, banana peels, wrappers, cups, etc.) at the aid stations while racing.
14. You must be present at the award ceremony to accept prize money and awards. Awards will NOT be mailed out! Awards are given to the top 3 in the age group.15. Free shuttle buses will be provided to take athletes from the finish line at Windsor High School, back to Johnson's Beach after the race. Shuttles will begin departing at 12:00 PM until 11:30 PM. There will NOT be shuttles to the beach on race morning and bikes will NOT be allowed on the buses.