The Following IMPORTANT Items Pertain to Barb's Race:1. There will be no packet pick up on race day. You must pick up your race packet the day before the race. Per USAT rules, no one else will be allowed to pick up your race packet - NO exceptions!
2. Bring a photo ID to packet pick-up. You will not be given your race packet without one!
3. Pre-race meetings are mandatory. You MUST attend one of the meetings in order to pick up your race packet. Valuable information regarding the event will be presented at these meetings and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the event.
6. Each transition area will have mens and womens changing tents available.7. Start with your assigned wave and rack your bike in your assigned rack. If you fail to do either of these you will be penalized or disqualified. You are NOT allowed to start in any swim wave other than your own - no exceptions!
8. Wetsuits will be allowed if the water temperature is below 78 degrees Fahrenheit, in accordance with USAT rules. The water temperature is expected to be between 72 and 76 degrees.
9. Bodymarking will take place throughout the transition area. Bodymarking volunteers will be walking up and down the rows of bike racks.
10. The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a police officer of a race official. For the safety of you, the athlete, we ask that spectators not drive the course while the race is in progress.11. Your swim gear will be transported to the finish line. To avoid losing any of your belongings, place your equipment (including your wetsuit) in the numbered plastic bag given to you at registration and securely close the bag. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike you are welcome to do so.
12. Do not park on the race course or in private parking lots or your car may be towed. Parking lots specifically designated for the Vineman will be provided at both the start and finish areas of the event.
13. Please help our volunteers keep the countryside clean and the residents of the area happy by discarding rubbish (gel packets, water bottles, banana peels, wrappers, cups, etc.) at the aid stations while racing.
14. You must be present at the award ceremony to receive awards. Awards will NOT be mailed out! Awards are given to the top 3 in the age group, top 5 for age groups with more than 100 starters.15. Free shuttle buses will be provided to take athletes from the finish line at Windsor High School, back to Johnson's Beach after the race. Shuttles will begin departing at 12:00 PM and will run continuously until 11:45 PM. There will NOT be shuttles to the beach on race morning and bikes will NOT be allowed on the buses.