July 25, 2015
2015 marks the 15th Annual Barb's Race. Barb's Race consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. If you are a female triathlete who has been thinking about moving up from the Olympic Distance to the world of long-course triathlons, Barb's Race is perfect for you! Barb's Race is the only all women's half distance triathlon in the world...so this is your chance to be part of something special! Read the Vineman Race Director's account of how Barb's Race came about. In 2015 we will limit the field to 500 participants.
Barb's Race was developed as a fundraising event to be held simultaneously with the Full Vineman. As both events have grown and evolved over the years our goal of raising funds for local cancer related groups has continued to be an important element of Barb's Race. Over $870,000 has been raised for these organizations since the inception of Barb's Race in 2001. In past years participants have been encouraged to take part in the fundraising aspect of the event. In 2015 all registered participants of Barb's Race will be required to fundraise a minimum of $250. The funds must be raised by June 30. This amount is in addition to the entry fee of $150 (or $175). Click here now to become a fundraiser or make a donation.
Barb's Race is being held in honor of Barbara Recchia, a long-time Vineman volunteer and race committee member who has twice been faced with the daunting task of fighting cancer. Twice she has taken this challenge head-on and is currently living a full and healthy life. Click here to read Barb's story.
If you need a little inspiration to prepare for finishing a half distance triathlon, all you have to do is look Barb's way. If Barb can beat cancer, then what's the big deal about finishing a half?!
Contact Barb at email@example.com or (707) 528-1630.
More about Barb's Race
- Integrative Health And Healing - Vineman Charity Grants Recipient (10/3/11 Press Democrat)
- "Living with Cancer" (10/1/10 Press Democrat article)
- 2009 Barb's Race Top Fundraiser and Age Group Winner - Katie McEwen
- 2009 Barb's Race Gets Press in Local Newspaper (10/24/09 Press Democrat Online)
- 2009 Barb's Race Goes Over $300,00 Mark (8/6/09 Healdsburg Tribune article)
- Barb's Race - a triumph of the human spirit (7/16/09 Healdsburg Tribune article)
- 2008 Barb's Race Preview - (7/24/08 Healdsburg Tribune article)